This Asian broth with quinoa and cep mushroom by the Detox Kitchen doubles as a light summer’s lunch on a comforting winter supper. It’s both refreshing and warming!
- Place the quinoa in a pan with 3 times the amount of cold water. Place on a high heat and bring to the boil. Cook for 7 minutes until tender. Drain in a sieve and rinse under cold water. Set aside.
- Place 1 tsp of oil in a frying pan on medium heat. Add in the spring onions, ginger and garlic. Lightly sauté for 5 minutes. Then add the carrots and cook for a further 3-5 minutes, stirring continuously until the carrots are lightly browned.
- Add in the vegetable stock and simmer for 15 minutes until the carrots are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a separate frying pan, add 1 tsp of oil and on a medium heat sauté the ceps for 4-6 minutes until softened. Add this to the pan with the stock vegetables.
- Next, add in the courgetti and cooked quinoa and bring to a simmer. Now take off the heat and add the tamari, lime and coriander.
- Serve with a wedge of lime and micro coriander.