I am sure that you often run out of recipes ideas for breakfast. If you prefer cereals, fruits and milk or yogurt, why not combine them all into a delicious smoothie that will give you energy for the entire day?
Here is how you can prepare a delicious berry smoothie for breakfast:
Take a cup of frozen mixed berries, 1/2 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt, 1 cup of low-fat milk and 1 teaspoon of honey and put them all in the blender. Mix until it’s smooth and creamy. You can also add porridge oats, bananas, orange juice and ice cubes.
Why we should have smoothies in the morning
Having smoothies for breakfast is very good for your health for a number of reasons:
– Smoothies improve digestion: your digestive system won’t have to work so much for digesting the food, as it’s already blended.
– Replacing at least one daily meal with a smoothie may also function as a detox method, especially if you include dandelion greens and kale into the mix.
– If you want to work out more efficiently and build more muscle, having a smoothie before your workouts is always a good idea. A vitamin rich fruit blend may also help the body recover more rapidly after an intense training.
– We all want our skin and hair to look beautiful and having a smoothie in the morning will help you glow.
– During the cold season we are usually more exposed to colds and flu. But, if you drink fruit juices and smoothies on a daily basis, you can empower your immune system and reduce the number of times you get sick in winter.
– In time, you will notice that having juices and smoothies on a daily basis will also reduce cravings for sweets and other unhealthy snacks.
– If your brain needs a boost in the morning, having a smoothie is the perfect way to start the day! With the help of a good berry smoothie with almond milk, you will start working on those difficult tasks right away.
– Eating healthy food and including in your daily diet the right amount of vitamins and minerals will also help you lose weight.
The thing with smoothies is that you can experiment with a lot of other ingredients. For example, you can try preparing a special smoothie by mixing berries, raspberries and blueberries and adding chia seeds, spinach and vanilla. I hope you will all enjoy your berry smoothie for breakfast as much as I do. Do you have other delicious smoothie recipes you want to share?