Healthy, tasty and oh-so-crispy! These Cacao Rice Crispy Cakes can be prepared in around 25 minutes. With only their chocolate sauce needing a quick heat-blitz, these crispy cakes are left to set in the fridge. They’re easy, quick and convenient for an after school snack.
- Firstly make the chocolate sauce. Place all the ingredients in a small pan and place on a low heat for around 2-3 minutes. Continue to mix until all the ingredients are combined and the mixture is shiny and smooth. Remove from the heat to cool.
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Finely chop the dates until they are almost a paste.
- Place the dates in a large mixing bowl with the rest of the ingredients and the chocolate sauce – mix well.
- Pour the mixture into your lined baking tray and flatten it to about 1.5cm thick. Place in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
Best enjoyed with a cup of tea!