Weight loss plans are a long term commitment. A good and consistent combination of diet and a physical activity routine will work together to get you the results you are looking for.
Every New Year’s Eve many make a commitment to get in shape, lose weight, get healthy and be beach body ready for summer. Then summer starts approaching and you wake up to the conclusion that you haven’t reached your fitness goals.
Spring is always a great time to start a new workout regime. You not only have more energy, but you also have enough time till summer to get in shape.
Week 1 to Week 6 walk-through:
They say the first week is always the hardest. Your body needs to get used to working out, especially if you have been so far a sedentary person. Here is how your week should look.
Incorporate 3 strength training sessions and 2 cardio session per week. You can chose to workout in the morning or evening. Whatever works with you normal schedule is best, since it is important you incorporate this new habit into your daily routine.
You are less likely to quit if you do not have to make additional effort to be physically active at a certain time. Focus on targeting big muscle groups and try to incorporate some form of ab exercising in all of your workouts. A strong core will improve your posture and relieve lower back pain.
As you advance towards week 6 make sure to increase intensity otherwise you will plateau after week 4.
- 3 strength training session- focus on working your big muscle groups. One session do legs, one do upper body and last do abs
- stick to complex moves that will challenge you- do super sets with 30 second rest intervals
- make your cardio fun- cardio workouts can get boring really fast and can be quite difficult to do if you are out of shape. Make you cardio fun my incorporating an activity you enjoy. Dance for cardio, do zumba or ride your bike through the parc.
- week 1 and week 2 work with just your body weight. After week 2 start adding weights. If you working out at the gym don’t be afraid to add an extra weight to your machine. Lifting heavy builds muscle and muscle burns fat.
- do increase your metabolism even more during your workout, after your warm up do 3 rounds of burpees- 40 seconds work, 20 seconds rest.
- try to keep you workouts intense and short. 45min tops.
- always stretch after you workout
- for better and faster results, replace your regular active-wear with slimming hot pants. They will boost your workout and melt the fat right off.
- stay hydrated and drink plenty of after after your workouts
Strength day workout example
Warm-up : 30 jumping jacks
10 neck rotations on each side
12 walkout planks
Workout: 3 interval burpee-sets
3 sets of 20 squats
3 sets of 10 lunges pre leg
2 sets of 15 sumo squats
30 second plank
Watch your food intake!
Working out creates the false illusion that you can indulge more during meal time. The truth is that you need to watch your portion size and the quality of your food if you want to see results. Aim to eat lean meat and non-starchy vegetable. Eat your carbs before your workout.
Whether you want to wear that new bikini, attend a wedding or a reunion, you will want to look your best. A 6 week lean workout program is a great way to get things started and it will set you on the path to creating a long term workout routine. It’s a great time to start your journey, learn about your body and get beach body ready for good.