After a while, that morning bowl of oatmeal starts to get a little boring, doesn’t it? If you feel like getting a bit crazy with your breakfast recipes, we are here for you with eleven unique, unheard-of recipes for game-changing morning meals. Whether you’re looking to jazz up your weekday routine or you need something exciting as a breakfast recipe to bring to your next brunch get together or early meeting, you’re sure to find the perfect option on this list. Let us know in the comments if you try one of these breakfast recipes!
Healthy Breakfast Recipes
- Vegetarian Breakfast Pizza. One of our favorite breakfast recipes. Topped with hash browns, vegetarian sausage, cheese and eggs, this indulgent pizza would be perfect to win your meat-eating friends over to your side – if you’re a vegetarian, that is. It’s an all-in-one handheld breakfast packed full of savory flavor. Make your own whole wheat pizza dough to boost the nutritional profile, or use the suggested canned crescent roll dough if you’re short on time.
- Vegan Everything Breakfast Cookies. I bet your inner child jumped at the thought of cookies for breakfast! Packed with bananas, pumpkin, nuts, and healthy fats, this recipe is a bit healthier than a Tollhouse cookie, however. It strikes the perfect balance between naughty and nice and pairs oh so well with your morning coffee.
- British Style Beans on Toast. If you hail from Britain, beans on toast is a typical breakfast – if you don’t, it can be an exotic concept! It makes for a tasty, fiber-filled, comforting breakfast for anyone. Any leftover beans are perfect for lunches, dinners, and soups too.
- Gingersnap Breakfast Risotto. Maybe you’ve only ever had risotto for supper at a fancy Italian restaurant. In this recipe, it’s taken in a delectably sweet direction and topped with crushed gingersnap cookies, orange slices, pomegranate arils, and coconut cream – as if the idea wasn’t already delicious enough! This would be a perfect breakfast for houseguests over the holidays.
- Easy Breakfast. A delightful breakfast recipe. This idea just makes sense, when you think about it. Breakfast sandwiches are delicious, as are huevos rancheros – why not meld the two into one cheesy, tasty breakfast? With eggs, avocado, and salty cojita cheese, this is sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
- Chicken and Waffles. This is definitely a recipe for cheat day! Crispy, salty fried chicken, tender buttermilk waffles, butter, and maple syrup combine to create one of the tastiest unlikely marriages in the culinary world. It’s as Southern as it gets and amazingly delicious.
- Kimchi Omelet with Sriracha Syrup. If you love sriracha, it’s definitely time to start eating it for breakfast. This gourmet recipe combines eggs, tangy kimchi, sesame seeds, cilantro, and a homemade rice vinegar and sriracha syrup to create an omelet unlike any other one you’ve had.
- Loco Moco. This unique Hawaiian dish consists of white rice, hamburger patties, fried eggs, and a creamy gravy all piled onto a plate. More hearty than many suppers, it’s a fun option when you’re feeding friends with big appetites. For a vegetarian, lower-fat version, sub veggie burgers and vegetable broth for their meat counterparts.
- Pho. Eating beef and noodle soup for breakfast might seem strange to you, but it’s a common practice in Vietnam. It’s hard to beat a piping hot bowl of savory broth on a cold winter morning. This is a breakfast that’s sure to help you power through a busy day.
- Breakfast Shepherd’s Pie. This flavorful riff on corned beef hash is a serious stick-to-your-ribs breakfast option. You’ve probably never thought of having shepherd’s pie for breakfast, but after one taste of this, you’ll think, “Why not?!” It gets its savory flavor from jalapeños, red bell peppers, feta cheese, and everyone’s favorite breakfast ingredient – bacon.
- Maple-Apple-Glazed Breakfast Meatballs. If you can eat sausage for breakfast, why not meatballs? These delicious little bites, flavored with fresh apples and maple syrup, taste like autumn and come together easily in the oven. Pair with homemade pumpkin muffins for a scrumptious fall breakfast.