The first step after you have asked yourself “How to eat healthy?” would be to prepare a good plan and stick to it. Easier said than done, you will say. And yes, nobody said it would be easy. But with good motivation and strong will, nothing can stand in your way. Here’s some simple tricks that will help you eat healthy:
– Stick to the basics and avoid processed foods as much as possible. For example, to prepare a healthy breakfast, buy plain unprocessed oats and add some ingredients of your choice rather than buying a packaged flavored instant oatmeal.
– Don’t skip meals, even when you have a lot of work to do. It’s better to bring your food from home rather than eating out. There are a lot of unhealthy options out there and you might be tempted, right?
– Make sure your lunch contains ½ vegetables, ¼ carbohydrates and ¼ lean protein. For example, you can go with whole-wheat crackers with hummus and raw vegetables, or a salad with lettuce, tomatoes and nuts. Sounds delicious, doesn’t it?
– Get most of the ingredients from the grocery store. Best vegetables for your weight loss healthy diet are: spinach, carrots, cucumbers, tomatoes, onions, ginger and garlic.
– Best fruits for a healthy diet are: Oranges, Apples, Papaya, Coconuts.
– You can also include some carbs in your diet: brown rice, quinoa, sweet potatoes, whole wheat bread are all good for your health.
– The plan is simple, eat three big meals per day, mostly made of fresh, healthy ingredients mentioned above. What spoils everything is the things that distract you from following your balanced diet. So, keep it as simple as possible: avoid foods that are processed. They usually come in boxes or a wrapper.
– Also, pay attention to portion size. Try to eat a smaller portion, even if it’s your favorite food.
– If you must have some snacks between meals, replace the unhealthy snacks bought from the supermarket with an apple or a banana and almonds or walnuts.
– Apart from diet, it is important to have 8 hours of sleep every night, and get an hour of exercise 4-5 times a week, combining cardio and weight training.
– If you are a technology junkie, why not try using a healthy eating app, like Foodeducate, Good Guide and MapMyFitness. They can help you organize your diet routine better and become more health conscious.
In your healthy diet planning process, you will probably come across a lot of confusing, contradictory information about the healthiest food and eating habits. The truth is you must find what works best for our body, your lifestyle and your budget. The key to success is perseverance and respect for your body and mind. Good luck!