These days, everybody talks about detoxification , seen as a temporary “cure” that includes removing and eliminating toxins and feeding your body with healthy nutrients. Specialists suggest that you should do a detox at least once a year, especially if you experience the following symptoms:
- Brain fog
- Unexplained fatigue
- Menstrual problems
- Bags under the eyes
But, instead of waiting for the toxin levels to build up and cause irreparable problems, why not develop healthy habits and try to do detox on a daily basis? Here’s how:
- Drink plenty of water. I know you probably heard this too many times, but it’s really important to stay hydrated throughout the day to help your body eliminate toxins.
- Watch TV less. Looking at all the negative events happening in the world and watching commercials to various unhealthy products (sweets, junk food) does nothing for your well being and might even increase the levels of toxic substances in your body.
- Choose organic food. Try to buy only healthy food containing as little artificial substances as possible.
- Avoid fast food, refined sugars and additives.
- Start your day with a delicious smoothie! What is the best smoothie for a detox? Here are a few delicious recipes:
Raw vegan chocolate smoothie
Need an energy boost in the morning? Mix these ingredients into a high speed blender : 1 banana, 3 cups almond milk, 2 tablespoons organic raw cacao powder and 1 cup crushed ice. Enjoy your raw vegan chocolate smoothie immediately.
Detox Cactus Smoothie
Did you know that cactus leaves are detoxifying? They are extremely beneficial for your health as they provide all the essential vitamins and minerals that help lower blood sugar and cholesterol. To prepare this smoothie you will need: 1½ banana, sliced and frozen, 1 cup of Greek yogurt, 2 limes, juiced, 1½ cups almond milk, 5 oz cactus leaves, removed and chopped. Place all the ingredients in the blender and blend for a couple of minutes, until creamy.
Smoothie recipes for detox : strawberry smoothie
For this simple but nutritious smoothie recipe, you will need vanilla yogurt, strawberries (fresh or frozen), orange juice and milk. Blend the ingredients about 2 minutes or until smooth. Pour into serving glass. You can garnish it with pineapple.
Super food detox smoothie
You can prepare a delicious smoothie combining blueberries, pineapple, grapefruit and goji berries, previously soaked in hot water for 5 minutes. Add all ingredients into the blender, blend on high until smooth and creamy.
Instead of wasting your time and money on expensive weight loss products that don’t do what they promise, why not eating healthy every day? Smoothies are an important element of your daily detoxification routine. Include them in your daily diet and you will soon see results.