Meal plan for weight loss and muscle gain
Apart from training those muscles better and increasing the frequency and efficiency of your workouts, there is one more very important detail you should not ignore when you want to lose weight without losing that muscle mass: your diet.
According to specialists, a correct diet counts for more than 60% of your efforts when it comes to losing weight or putting on muscle.
If you want to lose weight really fast and get a toned body, here are a few tips from trainers, doctors and nutritionists:
– Eat more leafy greens: spinach, kale, cabbage, broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower should not miss from any of your meals, because they are great sources of fiber, vitamins and calcium.
– Salmon should also be on your short list when it comes to fatty fish. Oily fish is really healthy, as it contains a lot of nutrients as well as Omega 3 fatty acids which prevent obesity and metabolic diseases.
– When it comes to meat, lean beef and chicken breast are often recommended by specialists because a high protein intake may actually help you lose weight faster (protein intake reduces cravings and helps your body burn more calories per day).
– Fruits like kiwi, papaya, oranges or grapefruit are great for your body because they are rich in vitamin C and other vitamins essential for the good functioning of the nervous system. Fruits will also offer you that energy boost you need to work out better.
– Dried fruits, nuts and seeds are especially good for your brain performance; the micro-nutrients and magnesium contained in these types of food can help you stay calm and focused throughout the day.
– The best seeds for weight loss are: pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds, chia seeds, sunflower seeds, quinoa and flax seeds. If you want to have a healthy snack, go for peanuts, almonds, pistachios and cashew nuts, which have the fewest calories (160 calories per ounce), and pay attention to brazil nuts, walnuts, pine nuts and pecans, which contain around 180 calories per ounce.
– It’s no secret sleep can help you lose weight: it helps your body burn more calories, even if you’re not working out, it boosts fat loss, it keeps your brain focused and encourages portion control. Therefore, to speed up the weight loss, avoid heavy meals at night (a salad or a yogurt would be perfect), limit the intake of coffee or alcohol after 4pm, go for slow carbohydrates (pasta, rice, quinoa) that will help you sleep better and store energy for the next day.
Meal plan for weight loss after pregnancy
You want to lose weight fast after giving birth? Don’t put too much pressure on yourself. Just follow these simple steps and you’ll soon get in shape:
– start eating a lot of vegetables and nuts; the essential minerals and vitamins will help you focus better and keep you away from unhealthy snacks.
– good sources of protein like chicken and lean beef are energy boosters your body needs so much after pregnancy. Eating meat will also reduce sweet cravings.
– Losing weight after giving birth is also difficult because sleep deprivation women are often subjected to may lead to overeating or chaotic/unhealthy eating habits.
Whether you want to get your pre-baby body or you just try to shed some weight around your waist, keep in mind the above principles when planning your meals. Apart from those, drink lots of water, reduce your portions, eliminate all distractions from the kitchen and avoid late night snacking. Good luck!