This Turkey and Coconut Soup recipe by the Detox Kitchen is not only delicious but you’ll reap the benefits from the ginger which is a powerful anti-inflammatory and the turkey which contains the amino acid tryptophan, which is converted to serotonin in the brain.
- Place a little oil in a medium pan. Add the onions to the pan and sauté for 5 minutes until translucent.
- Add in the garlic and ginger and sauté for 3 minutes until the garlic is lightly golden.
- Add the celery, lemon grass, vegetable stock and coconut milk and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 15 minutes until the celery is completely soft.
- Add in the leftover turkey, salt and pepper and simmer for 5 minutes until the turkey is piping hot throughout.
- Remove the pan from the heat and finally stir in the chopped spinach and coriander.
- Serve into two bowls and add a sprinkle of coriander and a squeeze of lime juice.
Stay tuned for some more recipes by the Detox Kitchen!